Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
The skin on the top of my foot has turned black

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

I'm 19 and a college sophomore. Since I was in high school, a patch of skin on the top of my left foot has been growing darker and now it is completely black. (By the way, I'm AA, so my skin was already a milk chocolate color to begin with.) I've noticed a small patch of dark skin forming on my right foot as well. I  told my mom that I wanted to see a doctor about it, but she just thinks I can pray it away and won't pay for me to get a doctor's opinion. I just want to know what it is, what's causing it, and if I should be concerned. I've had dark patches on my skin before, but they've always gone away.
it sounds like you have granuloma annulare...this is a skin condition that occurs from irritation - like from shoes..sometimes, they can appear for no reason at all.
cortisone cream applied to the area twice daily can help.  sometimes, they will disappear on their own.
if there is history of skin cancer in the family, go see a dermatologist.  
good luck...i'll help you pray it away too! :)