Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Thick big toe nail

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Thick big toe nail

I've in-grown toe nail and I've been dealing with it over the years.  Lately my right big toe nail is getting thicker and thicker.  It's getting to a point that it is difficult to cut my toe nail.  What is the cause of that?  Is there anything I can do about it?
sounds like you have fungus.  you can have it permanently removed or have a dermabrasion done to the nails to thin it out. then, file it weekly and apply tea tree oil to keep it thin
Do I need to see a Podiatrist for this?