Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Tingling swollen feet.
About This Forum:

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Tingling swollen feet.

I am a 62 year old male. I weighed 260 when the hip was replaced and now weigh 330.
I had a hip replacement 5 years ago.  Everything was healing well for 6 months then my left foot began to swell up.
I had a blood clot in my left inner thigh. I was on cumanin  for 6 mo. with no control for the swelling.  Was told compression hose would have to be worn from then on.  Two years later my right let began to swell also. I take furosemiide40mg (water pill) i daily and wear 30-40 compression stockings on both feet. If I keep the stockings on 24 hrs the swelling is reduced to the point my shoes fit.
The question .. I can understand the weight and body mass(large belly) causing the swelling of my legs and feet from the knees down but would that also cause tingling, pain and numbness in my feet??