Toenail removal recovery set-back
I had both the nails on my big toes removed 4 days ago. Things were going well, very little pain - until last night when I went to soak my feet in epsom salts (like I have every day since the surgery) it felt like I was pouring acid on them. The pain was tremendous! And now (the next day) I'm still in more pain than I have been since the surgery. Is it possible to burn the surgical area with epsom salts? The only thing I did different yesterday was I used a nonstick dressing under my bandages I had not used before and I accidently hit my toes a couple times just in the course of a usual day at work. What has cause this set-back in my pain level and recovery?
bumping the toes can hurt the nail bed.  epsom salts can aggravate an open wound, however only temporarily (hence the phrase "pouring salt on my wounds").  continue soaking them.  if it worsens, go back and see your podiatrist.
A related discussion, Toenail Removal Care was started.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.