Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Toenail removal recovery set-back
About This Forum:

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Toenail removal recovery set-back

I had both the nails on my big toes removed 4 days ago. Things were going well, very little pain - until last night when I went to soak my feet in epsom salts (like I have every day since the surgery) it felt like I was pouring acid on them. The pain was tremendous! And now (the next day) I'm still in more pain than I have been since the surgery. Is it possible to burn the surgical area with epsom salts? The only thing I did different yesterday was I used a nonstick dressing under my bandages I had not used before and I accidently hit my toes a couple times just in the course of a usual day at work. What has cause this set-back in my pain level and recovery?