achilles tendon
I tore my Achilles tendon 2 years ago I was in a walking boot for several months and it was healing however I fell and blew out my opposite knee, and was taken out of the boot with no physical therapy.Of course the healing was reversed.
I am currently under the care of a podiatrist here in TN, and he agrees that the next step is to fuse the ankle in order to reduce the pain as I am not able to work at this time, however as I have no insurance we are not able to do the needed surgery at this time. Also this ankle is a total surgical reconstruction  due to an injury in my childhood, and i feel alot of the docs around here are reluctant to get into the foot to do the surgery as a result.
So my question is this :
I need to find a ortho/podiatry teaching hospital that might consider doing the surgery on a pro bono basis, I feel that with the unique anatomy of my foot and the current status of my foot it might be a case with excellent learning  potential.
It may be possible that I could relocate as needed to facilitate this as I have no ties to the area I am currently in; I relocated here after Hurricane Katrina.
I am only seeking this assistance so that I may return to work and not become one of the many who are on disability needlessly.
I just want to get back on my feet both literally and figuratively.
Any suggestion would be welcomed.  
the docs may do it for free, but the hospitals may not.  the hospital incurs a large fee everytime a patient undergoes surgery.  the staff consists of nurses, anesthesiologists, recovery nurses, and then the hospital room, food, and medications that you'll need for the 1-2 day hospital stay during your recovery.
i recommend getting on medicaid if you can't afford health insurance.