Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
blue feet

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

blue feet
It's been going on a year now and it started with my feet turning red then blue then gray. It only happens when i am sitting or standing. Well now almost a year later i have been experiencing pain and it seems to get worse when i lay down for bed. It takes me awhile to fall asleep because of the pain. I have been to a heart doctor, a vascular, and a podiatrist. They are all stumped. My feet change colors no matter the temp.
you need vascular studies to see if there is compromise to your arteries.
you may have raynaud's disease, buerger's disease, or vasospasms to the endothelial lining of your vessels which causes the arteries to clamp down and cause a bluish/purple appearance.  this also can cause cramping to the muscles when there is insufficient blood flowing.
medications such as nifedipine can help relax the vessels to allow incease blood flow.  check with another vascular surgeon for a second opinion.