Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
bone chip

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

bone chip

I have had foot surgery on my right heel ( brushed tendents an bone cut ) . It has been 3 months and I still have pain , flexibility is minimul . Dr said the pain is the scare tissue and to deal with it , also feels physio is not needed even after i had the surgery and removed the cast.
Another problem that I have is my left foot . a year and a half ago I put a nail through my foot , just below the second from the end toe ( 1 in from pinky toe ) . it feels like a sledge hammer has hit that part of my foot some days and walking is very difficult , my toe is curling down words and lost movement but I still have feeling. X rays were done but no MRI no Dr noticed anything out of 3 times until yesterday feb 25 2010 when I had to see my specialist again , there is a chunk missing ( looks like a drill bit went through half of the bone) The Dr says theres nothing that can be done to fix this . However there is Bioactive cement . also wear is that piece of bone I did have a pain at the side of my foot last year but I didnt think of that . Is it harmful to be floating around in me or will it break down .  
it is difficult to comment without seeing the foot, xrays, and MRI.
i would get a second opinion with another surgeon.