Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
broken blood vessels
About This Forum:

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

broken blood vessels

I have had, for years, red discoloration on the outside of my ankles.  There has been no discomfort associated with these areas.  Recently, my feet are quite uncomfortable and the red discoloration has spread to both sides of the foot and the top of the ankle.
My history:  Male, sixty-nine years old, tall, and was overweight most of my life.  Eleven years ago I developed heart trouble and have accumulated eight stents, a pacemaker and had a couple of heart attacks, so take the usual drugs (statin, ACE and BETA blocker, aspirin, lasix, etc.  I took Plavix until last year.  I've lost 60 pounds over the eleven year period and have a normal BMI, and work out daily, mostly aerobically, some light weights.
I have had several hammertoe procedures that were routine. I have type 2 diabetes, now controlled by diet, previously by injection, then pills.
The soles of my feet are numb-feeling, while the tops of the feet and ankles are very sore.  Advil seems to help.  
Do you have an idea of what this could be?
Thank you.