Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
bump on the sole of my foot

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

bump on the sole of my foot
I have developed a small bump or lump on the bottom of my left foot just below the ball of that foot. I may have stepped on something while walking barefoot in my house...I'm not sure but it is quite painful. I have tried applied hot compresses and cold compresses but it is still there and if anything seems a little bigger.

What is it? Is it treatable and if so...how?

Thanks in advance,
Rick
***@****
it could be a fibroma or other soft tissue mass.  if it continues to hurt, have this checked by a podiatrist.