Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
foot infection

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

foot infection
My son lives in the caribbean. His toes is black, slowen, and ozes. He is in great pain. He went to the doctor who gave him pill which he has to take for a month. He said he could loose his lesg/feet. what is this and what can be done ?
he has an infection and needs to see a specialist to get x-rays and blood work done and get evaluated by a vascular surgeon.  sounds like the toe is dying due to lack of blood flow and compounded with the infection.  
Thank you, He went to the doctor who haqve him on a month of meds.and yhen if it doesn't work.?. I have to wait and it is driving me crazy.I do not want him to lose his legs. Hreid