Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
gout in my heel?

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

gout in my heel?
I have been experiencing a recurrent gout attack that repeats in my big toe and surrounding area,but this time, I have experienced severe pain in my heel, too.  It hurts a great deal when I first begin walking, then improves as I continue putting weight on it.  It does not feel the same as the traditional gout pain, but I do not reacall any injury that could have caused such sudden onset besides the gout. Can gout occur in the ligaments and the joint simultaneously?
it sounds like you may have arthritis from the gout crystals.
gout only occurs in joints.  make sure you drink plenty of water and speak to your physician about allopurinol...which can help reduce uric acid levels which trigger gout attacks.