Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
lump right under my big toe

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

lump right under my big toe

i have a lump under my big toe and it cause me pain when i am on my feet to long and it is tender around the edgesof it its hard but the inside circle is soft seems yellowish
Dear LEOLNEA,

Thanks for writing in.

In all likelihood, you are suffering from a condition called pressure sore (corn) which causes thickening of the skin with pain. It can arise either from a problem in the foot or due to wearing uncomfortable, pointed footwear.

For treating this condition, you can try corn caps which are available over the counter in pharmacy which will reduce the thickness of the lesion.

I would suggest that you avoid wearing tight footwear.

If it does not get better, please consult an orthopedic surgeon for x-ray and physical examination, as this could also be due to some small bones called sesamoids under the big toe.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Thank you for using MedHelp's "Ask an Expert" Service, where we feature some of world's renowned medical experts in their fields. Millions have benefitted from our service to get personalized advice for them and for their loved ones.  

Best Regards,
Dr. Krishna Kumar