Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
pain on lateral side of foot
About This Forum:

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pain on lateral side of foot

I began to have problems with my left foot around two months ago. I have pain on the lateral side of my left foot extending from my small toe, down under the arch. My heel does not hurt and the medial portion of my foot does not hurt as well. It feels like a tightening/cramping sensation. The pain is usually at its worse when I begin walking after having been sitting down for awhile - it is hard to put any weight on it. I have no idea what I could have done to it. There is no swelling, bump or bruise. The pain does diminish after walking around for a little while, but it is still sore to press on. I was wearing flip flops for awhile when this began but stopped wearing them. What could be wrong? Motrin does help - but the problem is not going away. Thanks