Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
random unexplained foot pain for a week?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

random unexplained foot pain for a week?

About a week ago I noticed that my foot hurt a bit when I bent my toes up. I just figured I stepped funny or something and ignored it. After 5 days it didn't go away, and seemed to vary in intensity. Walking seemed to make it worse. But there was no swelling and no discoloration and I couldn't think of anything I'd done to my foot recently, so I wasn't sure what to make of it. But, today the area that hurts IS slightly swollen. Still normal colored though. I don't have any insurance for x-rays or tests, but it couldn't really be broken, could it? It doesn't hurt badly, but it does hurt enough to give me a bit of a limp. Is it possible to pull a muscle or sprain something without noticing at the time? Does a sprain even swell? Is there some other foot problem I should be considering? As far as I know, I haven't stepped on anything recently, and anyways it's mainly the top part of my foot that hurts.

Help?