stage 1 ulcer between toes
My husband broke his Tibia x 2 and Fibula x1. He is wearing a boot and has developed a stage 1 ulcer between his toes. the area is pink and crusty. I put a cotton ball in between the toes and put bacitracin with zinc on it. However I've been nagging at him to remove the boot so this area will be open to air but everytime he takes the boot off he says the pain is horrible as the leg is not supported. I'm afraid this area will open up and we will be facing an infection. Please advise - what should we do?
paint the area with betadine.  he has athlete's feet, caused by increase moisture between the toes.
after it dries up some, apply Lamisil cream between the toes twice daily and keep the toes separated with cotton.
if the toes don't appear to improve within days, have his doctor paint gention violet b/w the toes.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.