Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
swollen feet unexpected (no injury)
About This Forum:

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

swollen feet unexpected (no injury)

I'm a 38yr female overweight by 30 lbs. I have not had an injury or situation that would have caused the issues with my feet.

Issue: For the past eight months I've been having painful swelling and numbness in both my feet (particularly right foot). The swelling has stayed consistent but there have been changes in the symptoms. For example the numbness was present for about the first five months and occurred at night while in bed. Now I am having pain in my right arch and big toe (read below).

Single incident: About seven months ago after a lot of walking, I had severe shooting pain under my right knee. A couple of veins on the inner knee seemed to have "popped' and are now visible.

On going: Today the tingling seems to have gone away but now the big toe on my right foot is extremely painful. It feels like my toe needs to be cracked (like cracking your knuckles). I am also experiencing pain on my right arch and pain going up from my foot to the front of my knee on both sides of the bone.

Besides the swelling my feet look normal (NO redness, color change, warmth, etc).  I'm concerned since I have had no injury but the swelling and pain have continued.