Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
unexplained swelling and pain in feet
About This Forum:

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

unexplained swelling and pain in feet

For about a year now, I have been experiencing daily bouts of pain in my feet. The pain originally was minor and I thought ihad stepped on a rock (stone bruise) or had some other small injury. Since then I have had reoccurring knots in the bottom of my feet, on the back of my heels and in the ball of my feet that will come one day and be gone within 24 hours... only to reappear someplace else on my foot. The knots are about the size of half a golf ball and vary in severity depending on the day.. they become very swollen and are very obviously irritated. They are warm to the touch and have a sensation that they itch. But not like a surface itch... the itching sensation is deep in the affected area. When I walk my feet do not sit evenly on the floor when I am experiencing this problem. It is very frustrating because it is not always in the same place and every time I see my doctor it seems my symptoms are mild or dormant. Hence making me look like I am alunatic. Sometimes the swelling and itching sensations show up in a single toe and migrate to another. My toes also swell about 2x their normalsize and are warm to the touch. Any ideas? I am finding myself more and more inclined to pass on doing things that I enjoy, simply to save the agony of walking on my feet. Any help would be appreciated.