896?1297802500
Foot Drop User Group
Anyone get cured?
About This Group:

Foot Drop is a support group. The goal of group is to share information, and connect with others dealing with foot drop. Foot Drop can be caused by stroke, back or spine injury and tumor.

Founded by FMDAdvocate on February 15, 2011
90 members

Anyone get cured?

Hi guys
I recently suffered drop foot as a result of a sporting injury, i don't seem to see much in the way of success stories on the internet? so have any of you heard of or experienced a recovery?

Cheers

Greg
1 Comment
i think i got it from compression socks, but i'm not sure.  i get the opinion my orthapedic dr isn't very optimistic.  i practically had to beg to get an mri to see what the issue may be.  still waiting on that.  he said if the nerve was compressed, there's no guarantee that surgery will correct the situation.  my wife works where there are a bunch of dr's.  they said they don't usually operate on foot drop.  i can move down, side to side, but nothing on the lift.  i keep hoping, but i haven't seen an improvement in 2 months.  the night brace was bothering my back somehow.  i switched that for a soft one.  when my back is better, i'm going to ease back into the other.  i'm about 2 weeks away from getting my leg/foot brace.  the dr's ordered the good one that is spring loaded and bends with my foot.  that also tells me a lot....i may be this way.  i'm still working on the acceptence.  it is a little hard to get used to, but things can be a lot worse.    for now, i'm using an ossur foot up device that straps around my ankle and snaps into a piece that i tie into my shoe strings.  cheapest place i found is ebay at $40.  night braces can also be found on ebay pretty cheap too.  i'm sure my dr wouldn't approve of the "cheap" one that i have, but it's better than nothing and will give me something while i adjust to the heavier duty one.  
poppyhead commented on ShanesMother's status
Sep 15
poppyhead joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 15
ShanesMother is ... Comment
Sep 07