896?1297802500
Foot Drop User Group
Delayed foot drop
About This Group:

Foot Drop is a support group. The goal of group is to share information, and connect with others dealing with foot drop. Foot Drop can be caused by stroke, back or spine injury and tumor.

Founded by FMDAdvocate on February 15, 2011
91 members

Delayed foot drop

In early April, I had an injection in my buttock of a muscle relaxer that I had an allergic reaction to. Ever since then, my right leg (the same leg as the injection) has been tingly/numb, especially from the knee down. There is also pain down the back of my leg. My doctor suspects that there's been some damage to the sciatic nerve, but my EMG test looks normal. The foot drop didn't happen initially, it's only started a few days ago. Is this just from the sciatic nerve/neuropathy? Or from some gradual weakness? I've been told my nerves should heal, but how long will that take? I'm meeting with a neurosurgeon later this week to hopefully get some advice and answers/
1 Comment
Were you having the muscle relaxer because you had back pain initially? How was the appt with your neurosurgeon?
JessG16 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 24
poppyhead commented on ShanesMother's status
Sep 15
poppyhead joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 15