896?1297802500
Foot Drop User Group
Has anyone ever?
About This Group:

Foot Drop is a support group. The goal of group is to share information, and connect with others dealing with foot drop. Foot Drop can be caused by stroke, back or spine injury and tumor.

Founded by FMDAdvocate on February 15, 2011
90 members

Has anyone ever?

Hello my name is Amber and I realized I had foot drop after a tragic night out with friends in April. I went out with some friends and got shot in my right leg and the bullet shattered my femur bone and I had to have two screws and a plate put in my thigh. I got surgery and never really paid attention while I was in the hospital on why my feet wouldn't wiggle after my surgery when the doctors would come in and ask me to move them. When I filnally made it home and took my brace off (which it didn't occur to me why I had a brace on my foot when I left the hospital until a month or so ago) and my foot just flopped down and I couldn't lift it up. One of the scariest moments of my life. but it was more painful when I got the HORRIBLE burning and tingling and popping in that foot. Along with the swelling that came after the surgery. I went thru a terrible time with this experience.

But 6 months later i'm able to attend PT (physical therapy) three times a week and walking with one crutch with the help of my AFO. I'm only 26 years old and a single mother at that and life has been somewhat hard to grasp due to this incident. But my main question is to you all that have drop foot does your foot still burn, tingle, pop, or swell? I was told this is a good thing for me because my nerves are still waking up. I'm just walking on faith that my foot will hopefully get back to normal and I can go back to wearing my cute shoes and sandals like I use to. but also is wear a AFO kind of uncomfy to wear to anyone? My foot hurts and aches sometimes due to me wearing it and I don't like to wear it alot unless i'm at physical therapy. Any input is apperciated. thank you and good luck and prayers to all.
1 Comment
It sounds like you could have nerve damage from the accident. I also have burning in my foot and mostly my big toe. Mine has been going on four years. I do take two Meds which take the edge off, Gabapentin & Tramadol. I have found keeping my foot from dropping the pain is less intense. For example if I am laying around I will tie a scarf around my foot and ankle to hold the foot up. I also tuck pillows in the bottom of my sheets so I can press my foot into the pillow rather than wearing a night splint. I get very tired having my AFO. It's hot and presses my leg when driving. I find myself staying home a lot so I don't have to wear it.
poppyhead commented on ShanesMother's status
Sep 15
poppyhead joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 15
ShanesMother is ... Comment
Sep 07