896?1297802500
Foot Drop User Group
Help with drop foot
About This Group:

Foot Drop is a support group. The goal of group is to share information, and connect with others dealing with foot drop. Foot Drop can be caused by stroke, back or spine injury and tumor.

Founded by FMDAdvocate on February 15, 2011
92 members

Help with drop foot

I have drop foot in my right foot. I had a herniated disc in my L3L4 which the doctors found to be weird because of the L4L5 are the ones that should be pinching the nerve. I developed drop foot a week before my surgery and still have no change 3 weeks later. All I get from the doctors is that it may be days weeks or years before I regain use of my foot. I do get fitted for a AFO later this week.  
Hi, sorry I just read your question. I had no pain prior to developing right foot drop. I had emergency surgery which was a laminectomy at L3,4 and 4,5 with decompression, partial diskectomy and removal of bone fragments. That was 18 mos ago and no improvement. I am still told by my team of specialist at the Mayo Clinic there is still hope of nerve recovery but may take up to 3 years. I can't stand the AFO but it sure makes walking easier. I live in Florida so the AFO is hot and frustrating not being able to walk on the beach. But, I know trying to remain optimistic can only help because what is the alternative right.
Do you have pain in your big toe?
My big toe drive me nuts because it just feels like a big fat chunk in my shoe. I don't have pain just hate the way it feels lol. I sent you a message i'm still trying to figure this website out.
I felt like that in the beginning because my big toe would not go smoothly into my shoe. This did improve and I don't notice much anymore. I'm still learning the website too.
Chelle45 joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 10
JessG16 joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 24
poppyhead commented on ShanesMother's status
Sep 15