896?1297802500
Foot Drop User Group
I think its drop foot
About This Group:

Foot Drop is a support group. The goal of group is to share information, and connect with others dealing with foot drop. Foot Drop can be caused by stroke, back or spine injury and tumor.

Founded by FMDAdvocate on February 15, 2011
88 members

I think its drop foot

I'm Claire a 25 year old enjoys going to the gym 5-6 times a week. I haven't had any injuries/surgery to cause what I think is drop foot but I have all the symptoms, numb/pins and needles cant lift foot up struggling to walk etc. I have been to the doctor who wasn't sure what it was so he sent me for a blood test which came back fine, so now i'm waiting for a scan. I am honestly so so scared. I can cope with the non cardio at the gym. It the general walking around - I definitely have a strange walk by lifting up the bad foot like a horse and I fell over today really bad and it really shook me up. help please
1 Comment
I would assume you have a pinched nerve in either back, hip, or leg.  After the fact, I realized I was having symptons, but I thought my issue was sudden.  I had occasional pain along side of leg and on the top of my foot.  I thought that I had tied my shoe too tight.  Right before Christmas, I was in the store, turned and realized I couldn't lift my foot.  I had the nerve test where they shocked me.  They found that it was probably in my knee area.  Therapy did nothing.  I insisted on going to an orthapedic.  They treat the end result, not necessarily the problem.  He gave me a night brace and I was fitted for a walking brace.  He also scheduled an MRI on knee and back after my insistance on knowing what caused it.  Come to find out, I had a cyst in my knee that was created from arthritis.  The cyst was in my knee and traveled down my leg pushing on the nerve.  I had surgery about 3 weeks ago.  I have a nice 7" scar down the side of my leg.  After a couple months, I MAY see some improvement.   15 months out, I should know where I end up.  Nerve was damaged by cyst and him playing in there also tramatized the nerve.

My wife has back issues.  last spring, she developed foot drop.  She got a spinal injection and she is slowly recovering.  She can lift her foot slaps her foot when she walks.  

My advice would be to get the MRI as quickly as possible.  Also, you need to be wearing some sort of brace to keep your foot up while you walk.  It takes time to get this stuff from the DR and you don't want to keep falling Or break toes.  I would suggest an OSSUR foot up.  It's <$50 on ebay.  You put a wrap around your ankle and there's a piece that ties into your shoe laces.  The piece clips to the wrap around your ankle.  You may also do a search for some sort of night brace.  I have the big dr prescribed plastic one that won't stay on my foot.  I use a "brown medical Nice stretch".  There's one on ebay for about $20.

What the orthopedic told me, is if you don't keep your foot stretched, your calf muscle will take over and you'll have twinkle toes.  Fixing that condition is worse than wearing the brace.    Good luck and keep pushing the Dr's.
rodansdog joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 17
22Hope221 joined this group
Welcome them!
May 08
ustie joined this group
Welcome them!
May 07