Is There Pain with Foot Drop?
Is there pain with foot drop?  I'm having some severe pain on the top of my left foot that seems to be causing my foot to become weak or act weird.
I do have M.S. and Cervical Stenosis...C5 thru C7

Thanks!
Hi Kat,

Pain occurers a lot with foot drop, mostly because of neuropatic pain which can be caused by conduction block, often with sensoric neuropathy. Also you walk in a different way because of the weakness in the foot, this can cause pain as well. Do you have an AFO???
Yes, unfortunately pain is a huge part of my foot drop. I have radiculopathy from a damaged L5 nerve root injury. I take Gabapentin, Tramadol & Oxycodone to somewhat control the pain.

You may want to talk to your MS doctor about foot drop. I'm not sure but there may be other med options for MS to control your symptoms. Cervical stenosis will cause arm/hand problems. Lumbar causes foot/leg.
Best,
Lisa
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Tim1956 joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 02
lxymeteorshower joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 04
Dadwal joined this group
Welcome them!
Jan 26