Many Questions for Someone New to Foot Drop
Hello everyone! On December 21 I had a fasciotomy on my leg. I had exercise induced compartment syndrome. This is a rare problem that causes the muscles in your leg to build up too much pressure and cause pain and numbness. I had my first fasciotomy in June and everything went smoothly. My surgery on my left leg had a problem. I needed to go back under and get a second emergency surgery. This cause much swelling and trauma to my leg. I was not able to walk for three weeks. My doctor and PT soon realized I had a foot drop causing me to trip and walk slowly without my walking boot on. My doctor recommended I get a hinged AFO. I pick up the AFO tomorrow. Does anyone know of any shoe brands that fit a hinged AFO. I have done a lot of research online and many of the shoes that are meant for AFOs are not something a typical 27 year old woman would wear. Also since I was a runner before surgery I wanted to get back into it. Does anyone know of an AFO that is geared towards running? Since my foot drop is fairly new to me does anyone know if you can ever get rid of it? The doctor and PT seem positive but they cannot give me a timeframe. I also think it would help me to hear of someone that has actually gained full movement back after their foot drop. I am sure there are many other questions but I will start there! Thanks in advance everyone! Any support will help!
I've been told the Allard toe-off can work for running. I use a Ossur and have found ECCO shoes to work with my AFO. They are not stylish by any means but I am thankful to have just found something.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Annaaaa joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 14
Shayron1012 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 18
davisfed2 is ... Comment
Aug 04