advice for foot drop?
Hello everyone i would like to share with you about my story. I had a bad accident july 2012 on a motorcycle, i broke my hip,pinched sciatic nerve,broken ribs,Blood transfusion,TBI, after i was left with all of these broken bones my left foot was left with foot drop lots of pain stayed in bed almost a year learned to walk again from walker to crutches to hoping to now finally being able to walk until now i used about everything you can think of to get rid of the pain. But still no pain relief after going through a hard time everyday for about 2 years i started.   To take vitamins and use croc shoes with removable soal for my AFO foot brace they were an instant relief i mountain bike all the time since my foot didnt have dorsiflection i forced it to i still have a little lag but im still coming along i am writing this to tell you to keep your faith and to never give up this happened for a reason i do not know why i am still finding out with time. This has helped me become such a strong man mentally and physically i have advice for people with foot drop lets keep the movement going people
God bless
Thanks for your inspirational story!  My journey began in April 2016 with a foot injury leading to back pain leading to a diagnosis of foot drop.  Have been very depressed b/c of the lifestyle change.  I used to walk 15,000+ steps a day and now close to nothing b/c of fear of falling.  The doctor prescribed a full ankle AFO for me but I'm hesitant to try it b/c of the bulkiness and cost and that it might make me "settle" for my current condition.  I've heard that biking is a great exercise for foot drop.  The docs want to do spinal fusion surgery but I don't have anything that's broken just typical degenerative aging stuff.  I've heard surgery recovery is a nightmare and it doesn't guarantee a "fix" for foot drop.  I've had some improvement with a chiropractor I'm seeing who practices acupuncture.  If you've had any other revelations about foot drop, please share.  Thank you!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Shayron1012 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 18
davisfed2 is ... Comment
Aug 04
Raina5 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 05