896?1297802500
Foot Drop User Group
chemo & foot drop
About This Group:

Foot Drop is a support group. The goal of group is to share information, and connect with others dealing with foot drop. Foot Drop can be caused by stroke, back or spine injury and tumor.

Founded by FMDAdvocate on February 15, 2011
84 members

chemo & foot drop

Hi, I made a posting here about a month ago, but had no response.  I would like to know if anybody got foot drop as a result from cancer treatment. I am told I have peripheral neuropathy and was told it is permanent.  I had never even heard of foot drop.  It is such a life altering condition !!  Everything has changed.  I would really appreciate some positive advice...But, if not I'll take what I can get !!!  Thanking you in advance.....~Robin~
1 Comment
Robin, I'm sorry about your fight with cancer. It does seem like that would be enough for you to deal with but adding foot drop must be even more frightening. Yes, it certainly is life altering! I have had foot drop for three years. It is very frustrating for several reasons as we all know...
It takes time to accept foot drop. I live in FL and searched for an AFO(ankle-foot orthosis) which I found to be the least cumbersome. I tried several before finding what works for me. My advice to anyone looking for an AFO is to interview several different companies in your area. You can google orthotic and prosthetic's and your town or ask your rehab dr for a list. You can also check ebay or search the internet before you purchase. Ask about a warranty. I had one break and luckily it was under a year warranty.  Do you have pain too? Good luck to you,
csbrandy joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 23
footdropstudy joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 27
kathieca added the Pain Tracker
Feb 05