i got footdrop for christmas! night brace bothering me.
so, i've been a little under 2 months now and it was my good leg.  my right leg's knee is giving me fits even before the foot drop.  so far, i've had the eeg test which determined there's a problem in my leg.  just don't know why and hoping the mri will show something.  in another couple weeks, i'll get my brace.  ortho doesn't seem to have a lot of hope because they ordered the high-dollar pivoting brace.  i'm using the ossur foot up and it's keeping me upright.  they said if it was something pinching the nerve, decompression may not be the answer.  their answer was the walking brace and the night brace.  i've been wearing the night brace a couple of weeks now.  it seems to be bothering my back.  could also be the leg stretches (with a strap).  anyone else having nighttime brace issues?  i can see the reasoning behind it, but it is a pain.
Hope the MRI brings you some hope. I feel your frustration.
The night splint didn't work for me either. We purchased a bed with a foot board and I tuck a firm pillow against it then sleep with my foot pressing into it. When I travel if there is no foot board I just turn around and use the headboard to support my foot. It would be nice if there was a guidebook for foot drop patients! Best to you,
i wiggle too much at night and sleep on all sides.  i think that's why the brace is bothering me.  i'm wrestling around with it too much.  the brace along the top of the foot always causes an ache in the night.  i decided at that point, the brace comes off.  then i'll be wearing it 1/2 the night.  should help my back.  i think it would be hard for a guidebook on why.  so many reasons.  my wife has a back issue, got foot drop, and is greatly improved.  i have absolutely no lift.  side to side and down, but not up.  no improvement in almost 2 months.  there are lots of varieties of foot drop.  i'm thankful that i have this much movement.  how long have you had this?  dr mentioned if it's still an issue in a couple years, there is a surgery that can be done to lift my foot.  i've only seen him once, but i'm going to grill him on this if it keeps up.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
KnitKicky joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 21
danielam1 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 11
Summerville joined this group
Welcome them!
May 31