For Those Feeling Spaced Out User Group
I am going crazy?
About This Group:

A group for those who constantly feel "spaced out", "in a dream", "always drunk" or just "not with it". It's a hard and confusing feeling to describe but these all are very accurate descriptions of how I have felt 24/7 for the past 8 years. This is a feeling that for me personally has never gone away, although sometimes it's more tolerable than others. I have come across hundreds of other individuals in my years of research who share in these unique and unexplainable symptoms. Most often, other symptoms accompany the spaced out feeling such as feeling dizzy, disoriented, off balance, head pressure and various others. This is a group that will allow us all to interact with each other, share our feelings, ideas, tests we have had, things that have helped, what we know, or what we don't know... basically anything that helps us cope and keep hope in finding answers.

Founded by jr991 on September 28, 2011
12 members

I am going crazy?

I have been experiencing for 4 weeks head pressure, pressure in my ears, and nose. I feel unbalanced and like I am walking around in a fog. I have also had panic attacks with this. I have been to 3 different MD's who told me I have fluid in my ears. I have been given antibiotics, predisone, antihistamines, and Lorezapam for my symptoms but I am still not well. The only one that gives me any relief is the Lorezapm and it isn't total relief. Has anyone else had this similar experience?
Some days I have the feeling that insted of going forward while walking I going backward and that everyting turns around me! I had an ORL, and audiologist telling me that my ears and sinus are ok even if I feel like there is water in my ears and I can ear my own voice like in a tube, making me feel dizy. Does that count :-))
Oh yeah that counts!
Hey, I know exactly how you are feeling.  I really think a lot of this is an inner ear problem and benzodiazapines are often prescribed as a treatment.  Were you healthy up until 4 weeks ago or have you had some of these symptoms before?
Yes, I was healthy up until 4 weeks ago. I do remember though about 20 years ago I was 18 years old and I had something similar to this following about with pnemonia (pneumonia). I remember it took me a long time before I felt well again. At that time everyone kept telling me it was just anxiety, but I believe physical ailments can cause anxiety and panic attacks as well. I had to take my baby to the doctor yesterday and I asked his doctor to check my ears and she said one was clear and the other still had fluid behind it.I told her what had been happening to me and she said give it a little time since I just finisihed the meds because it takes a while for fluid in the ear to clear up. I do agree with you I think all this is coming from the inner ear problem but  I just hope it gets better soon because some days I cannot drive I feel so unbalanced and that it hard when you have young children.

Yes it is quite debilitating especially when you have young children, a job, chores... I find everything almost overwhelming and I feel at my best at the end of the day when I can just sit in the dark and relax while watching the television.  I hope things get better for you.  I don't know for sure whether or not mine is inner ear, but it's been going on for at least 8 years now.  I sometimes wonder how I made it this long... I just keep pushing through each day hoping that one day it will get better.
drewlevas uploaded new photos
jesse_ryann joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 13
RP831 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 09