12 year old boy with chronic stomach problems
My 12 year old son has been having stomach issues for the past serveral weeks.  He has missed many days of school because of this.  We have taken him to the doctor and they said it is probably just the flu.  He will have diarrhea several times during the night and day and he may vomit and sometimes has a low grade fever.  He will have this for serveral days and then be ok for a few days and then it comes back.  We are at our wits end with this and really don't know what to do.  I hate sending him to school when he is not feeling well but if we did nopt he would have missed several weeks by now.  Any advice for treat ment would be great.  So far we have given pepto bismol and anti diaffhea pills but ths does not seem to be working.   He also is having head aches with this.
Hello ....

As a mother of 4 I have alot of experience with stomach problems and reflux and gallbladder issues in one of my teens so I am a parent, like you, and not a Dr.   A few things come to mind as I read your post.

Is he having any signs of reflux?  There are symptoms listed in the Health Pages that you click on on the rt top part of the board .... then look for Signs & Symptoms.

Has he eaten anything different that you can think of .. in case this is allergy related .. allergies and vomiting, stools can go hand in hand as reactions.

Does he have any hot acid coming up his throat or just the symptoms you describe?

I would suggest you ask the Dr. to do stool testing if this continues .... to rule out parasites, bacterial infection such as food poisoning, etc.

I'm not sure about reflux after reading your post w/o a bit more info .... that would be very helpful for us to help figure this out with you and/or at least help you as you are a concerned parent.

Is it certain type of foods that aggravate him more than others?

Cheryl