29 year old with GERD
I have suffered from gerd for about a year now. I am 29 years old 114lbs 5'4. I eat like normally with occasionally going out to eat. I get acid reflux symptoms occasionally - especially after eating at night after 10:30pm (even if I don't go to bed for hours after eating...I'm a night owl) - - Does anybody else experience pain the their left shoulder and that tightness in their chest during an episode of gerd? I have been prescribed Aciphex, but I rarely take it. I only take it when my acid reflux is at it's worst (where I can't eat b/c I feel full) I'm so scared of thinking it's gerd when really it's heart related.

Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

May I ask, do u have a family history of heart issues that u feel this way? And if u r concerned express that to ur Drs so they check u  for heart issues, if nething u will have something on file to compare to later on.....

release the stress of not knowing and go for testing...I did, I was having heart palps and found my heart was fine, but my dad has heart issues, so I felt better knowing my heart was ok.....just the stress of not knowing can make ur GERD worse.