GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
ACID REFLUX and GERD
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ACID REFLUX and GERD

i have had acid reflux for the last 3 month and it has been very up and down. i am trying to get my diet right but it is difficult and pain is sever at times. what i want to know is how long the condition is likely to to last before i see improvments and will i ever be able to drink alcohol and smoke and eat notmal food again ?

Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I also get spasms in my esophagus a lot and sometimes a severe pain in my stomach when i talk. how can i come down the pain?

Blank
i dont think anyone replies to your questions here unless you pay $5 !

Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
Hello ARAZ08 ... it's very busy time of the year .. I haven't been able to be online as much as usual.  Actually, your post is on the Pediatric GERD community so perhaps that is why no answer .... nothing to do with having to pay for an answer.

You may want to try and repost on adult GERD or GI communities and maybe some more people can help.

C
Blank
544341_tn?1234992477
Get the book, "why stomach acid is good" that will help you out alot with treating it naturally.  
Blank
Hi , My husband is suffering from GERD for last 4 months....tried varieties of medicine ....but its continuing .....GERD is loosening of the muscle at the neck of oesophagus ...and medicines alone will not help....its more like spondilitis......it will be there and you will have to be cautious all the time and will have to take medicines now and then.....also you need to do exercises...doctor has told that symptoms will start reducing in 6 months or so
Blank
544341_tn?1234992477
- If you get heartburn or acid indegestion, take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (its acidic!).  It tastes awful, burns going down(a sign that its working), but heartburn or acid indigestion is gone in less than 30 seconds.  Also, I started eating more apples, drinking more apple juice etc.

- Drink less or no fluids during a meal.  Fluids dilute your stomach acids at the time they are trying to do their job!  I now drink a glass or 2 of water in between meals and try to drink 4-6 glasses per day.

- Eat yogurt, it helps digestion. Severaly days of the week I will include a small container of yogurt at breakfast and most of the time at our evening meals we'll cut up 1 or 2 types of fruit and mix with yogurt.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
GERD (Acid Reflux) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...