ACID REFLUX and GERD
i have had acid reflux for the last 3 month and it has been very up and down. i am trying to get my diet right but it is difficult and pain is sever at times. what i want to know is how long the condition is likely to to last before i see improvments and will i ever be able to drink alcohol and smoke and eat notmal food again ?

I also get spasms in my esophagus a lot and sometimes a severe pain in my stomach when i talk. how can i come down the pain?

i dont think anyone replies to your questions here unless you pay $5 !

Hello ARAZ08 ... it's very busy time of the year .. I haven't been able to be online as much as usual.  Actually, your post is on the Pediatric GERD community so perhaps that is why no answer .... nothing to do with having to pay for an answer.

You may want to try and repost on adult GERD or GI communities and maybe some more people can help.

C
Get the book, "why stomach acid is good" that will help you out alot with treating it naturally.  
Hi , My husband is suffering from GERD for last 4 months....tried varieties of medicine ....but its continuing .....GERD is loosening of the muscle at the neck of oesophagus ...and medicines alone will not help....its more like spondilitis......it will be there and you will have to be cautious all the time and will have to take medicines now and then.....also you need to do exercises...doctor has told that symptoms will start reducing in 6 months or so
- If you get heartburn or acid indegestion, take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (its acidic!).  It tastes awful, burns going down(a sign that its working), but heartburn or acid indigestion is gone in less than 30 seconds.  Also, I started eating more apples, drinking more apple juice etc.

- Drink less or no fluids during a meal.  Fluids dilute your stomach acids at the time they are trying to do their job!  I now drink a glass or 2 of water in between meals and try to drink 4-6 glasses per day.

- Eat yogurt, it helps digestion. Severaly days of the week I will include a small container of yogurt at breakfast and most of the time at our evening meals we'll cut up 1 or 2 types of fruit and mix with yogurt.