Acid reflux and sinus issues?
I had an upper endoscopy at the end of April which showed irritation to my esophagus from acid reflux.  I've been battlig issues with anxiety and when I'm really stressed that's when I have the most symptoms from acid reflux.  When I tried taking PPIs my anxiety was at an all-time high and things only seemed worse while on them.  Throughout this time I've continued to have problems with my throat, ears, and sinuses bothering me.  Roughly 6 weeks ago I went to my doctor and he thought my problems were due to a sinus infection and prescribed antibiotics.  He also said I had a ton of fluid behind my ears.  I took the antibiotics for 2 weeks yet I'm still having the same problems.  When I went back to him after the 2 weeks he said I had fluid in my ears and gave me ear drops.  Still my ears ache and my throat stays red and irritated looking.  Sometimes it feels as though one side is a little swollen when I swallow and I'm feeling some sinus pressure.I don't want to go back to the doctor because it gives me a lot of anxiety and I'm afraid that maybe all the symptoms are just in my head - even though I know that's not really the case.  Instead, I sit around worrying about it.  The antibiotics didn't fix my problems so I was wondering what else it could be.  Since I know that I have issues with acid reflux, is there any way it could be causing my sinus and throat issues?  Should I maybe try the PPIs again to see if it would help?  If you have any thoughts regarding this, please share.  Thanks!
Hi...as u found out stress can and will cause u to feel worse.

PPI's take time to work, but u also had an infection....now, u r on antibiotics which kill all bacteria the good and the bad...unfortunately we need the good bacteria in order to break down the food we eat.....so u may feel bad as too little acid can feel just  like  when u had too much.

It is now possible that u  need a probiotic...to replace the good bacteria.Ask ur dr about the diff types available and if this may be beneficial to u.

"selma"
bro, im having the same problem, i have chronic nasal inflammation and mucus (clear mostly, sumtimes white specks sometimes even blood tinged) it seems to get worse when i lay down and when i wake up my ears have mucus in them i can hear it when i swallow..

eyes get bloodshot and sting too

was on PPIs i think maybe its a side effect of the PPI meds.. or maybe it is from acid reflux I dont know...

what you can do is test out using PPIs for 2 weeks and see if it takes away the sinus symptoms

if it does, then you know whats the problem, please let me know! im waiting to hear back from u

message me if u want we can talk more about this problem as i feel you and i are in the same boat.

and yes i too had anxiety issues because of withdrawal from benzodiazepine pills and i know this is not anything anxiety related just like you know its not either.. and i hate it when i get passed off like its just in my head when there is a real problem going on.