GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Barrett's Esophagus
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Barrett's Esophagus
OK. For years had regular heartburn which  medicated with OTC meds. Never gave it much thought until November when symptoms changed. I have been unable to eat without vomiting and am alawys nauseous and feel like I have eaten a full meal without any intake of food I have started experiencing visible bloating and abdominal pain and have lost nearly 30 pounds.I am also in the bathroom with loose stools at the least five times a day. My life has been very disrupted. I have had one episode of blood streaked vomit ad been treated in the ER three times for deydration. Had an endoscopy a week ago that revealed signs of Barrett's Esophgus and Duodenal Atrophy as well as Gastritis. I am awaiting biopsies of these areas and am vey concerned based on what I have read. Can these symptoms be attributed to just the three listed condtions, or is it likely I am facing a cancer diagnosis?  It is a very worried time for me. I never expected this going into last weeks test.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
If it was cancer it would have been made out during endoscopy ( though biopsy confirms it).
It takes  more than a decade before Barrett's esophagus leads to cancer.
So it is very unlikely to be cancer.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now