GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Barrett's Esophagus

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Barrett's Esophagus
OK. For years had regular heartburn which  medicated with OTC meds. Never gave it much thought until November when symptoms changed. I have been unable to eat without vomiting and am alawys nauseous and feel like I have eaten a full meal without any intake of food I have started experiencing visible bloating and abdominal pain and have lost nearly 30 pounds.I am also in the bathroom with loose stools at the least five times a day. My life has been very disrupted. I have had one episode of blood streaked vomit ad been treated in the ER three times for deydration. Had an endoscopy a week ago that revealed signs of Barrett's Esophgus and Duodenal Atrophy as well as Gastritis. I am awaiting biopsies of these areas and am vey concerned based on what I have read. Can these symptoms be attributed to just the three listed condtions, or is it likely I am facing a cancer diagnosis?  It is a very worried time for me. I never expected this going into last weeks test.
If it was cancer it would have been made out during endoscopy ( though biopsy confirms it).
It takes  more than a decade before Barrett's esophagus leads to cancer.
So it is very unlikely to be cancer.