GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Bitter taste in back of throat
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bitter taste in back of throat

From the time I get up in the morning 'til I brush, floss, rinse (every night), I have a constant bitter or acrid taste in the back of my mouth.  I haven't change medications, or added new ones.  My diet is the same.  No burping,  or belching.  I haven't lost or gained weight.  Everything I eat and drink has a "weird" metallic taste.  Citrus fruits seem to be the worst.  Could someone please shed some light on this mystery for me?  Thanks
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
620923_tn?1393294254
Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

The one thing that comes to mind is post nasal drip.....it can cause a weird bitter taste.It can also cause acid reflux/gerd.
I would avoid the acidic foods like the citrus and see if it helps.Have u mentioned this to ur dr?....if not it would be advisable.

Not everyone with gerd will burp or belch....or even have heartburn.....we r all so different and will get diff symptoms.

U may also want to have ur dentist check ur fillings to be sure u do not have ne of the old mercury ones in.....

Good luck and please post an update
"selma"
Blank
I've had this recently, and I wanted to say that I have noticed it is always worse with either CITRUS drinks and anxiety. I'm so glad I saw this, but I wanted to say that I have never had surgery for GERD or have been diagnosed with it (as this has only been happening for a little over a month).
Blank
620923_tn?1393294254
Hi,...u r right that citrus drinks can cause reflux.......citrus drinks are acidic.Most foods that r acidic will trigger the reflux and is y most drs will advise a diet which excludes these items.

"selma"
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
GERD (Acid Reflux) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank