Bitter taste in back of throat
From the time I get up in the morning 'til I brush, floss, rinse (every night), I have a constant bitter or acrid taste in the back of my mouth.  I haven't change medications, or added new ones.  My diet is the same.  No burping,  or belching.  I haven't lost or gained weight.  Everything I eat and drink has a "weird" metallic taste.  Citrus fruits seem to be the worst.  Could someone please shed some light on this mystery for me?  Thanks
Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

The one thing that comes to mind is post nasal drip.....it can cause a weird bitter taste.It can also cause acid reflux/gerd.
I would avoid the acidic foods like the citrus and see if it helps.Have u mentioned this to ur dr?....if not it would be advisable.

Not everyone with gerd will burp or belch....or even have heartburn.....we r all so different and will get diff symptoms.

U may also want to have ur dentist check ur fillings to be sure u do not have ne of the old mercury ones in.....

Good luck and please post an update
"selma"
I've had this recently, and I wanted to say that I have noticed it is always worse with either CITRUS drinks and anxiety. I'm so glad I saw this, but I wanted to say that I have never had surgery for GERD or have been diagnosed with it (as this has only been happening for a little over a month).
Hi,...u r right that citrus drinks can cause reflux.......citrus drinks are acidic.Most foods that r acidic will trigger the reflux and is y most drs will advise a diet which excludes these items.

"selma"