Breakout GERD
Hi Folks,

I have GERD and have been on Omeprazole (40mg) for about two years now.  The burning sensation in the back of my throat has returned so I decided to try an H2 Blocker, specifically Zantac (150) I must say, this drug seems to work well but there is one HUGE problem I am experiencing.  Wicked anxiety / panic / brain fog.  Is this something I just need to put up with until my body adapts to this drug?  Any other suggestions if the Zantac needs to be tossed?

Regards,
Please see my response here:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Heart-Rhythm/Help/show/1925275?personal_page_id=862335
In addition to what LivinginHope said first and then I wanted to add I was on Zantac 150 for about 4 months and I had no side effects at all. I have a benign arrhythmia (PACS) and so it depends on the person and if you take it long term. I have to go back on it again. But my doctor said not to stay on it all the time. Rather, to stay on it for a while then go off and on. But, I would definitely report this to your doc.
mkh9
If you can get away with not taking it all the time, that's the best thing.  However, when I was looking to see about cutting back/cutting it out some years back, an ear, nose and throat specialist took a look at my throat and said definitely to continue taking it twice a day.