GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Breathing problems/pressure in ribs..Gastritis?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Breathing problems/pressure in ribs..Gastritis?

Hi.  I was wondering if anyone was familiar with Gastritis?  I have had inflammation in my stomach all my life and have been on numerous prescription medications, which did help but the symptons always came back.  I had my third endoscopy done in May of 09 and they found inflammation and Gastritis which I have always had.  Anyway I started on new meds which seemed to be helping.  Over the summer I slowly started to have trouble breathing and had pressure in my rib cage....I let it slide because I wouldn't get it that often.  However, this past November it came back and was to the point that I couldn't take it anymore.  I was to the ER 3 times in December because the pressure and not being able to breath was so exhausting and overwhelming.  Chest-Xray, Ct Scan of Chest and Blood work all came back fine.  They gave me a mild xanax because I was so scared when I went into the ER...however, it has been calming me but it doesn't take my symptons away.  I am a very athletic woman and have stopped working out for the past month because of my symptons.  Everyday is a struggle for me...sometimes the pain in my stomach is so bad I can't even see straight...and I get very dizzy.  I am becoming depressed because it is so exhausting trying to breath all the time...and the pressure can be very hard....Has anyone ever dealt with anything like this before???  I am going to every doctor possible because I need relief.

Any feedback would be appreciated