Bright lime green vomit??
  My daugher has had problems with her stomach since she was 8 years old. She is now 13 years old. There for a long time she would have an "episode" 1-2 times a month. Her episodes would start early in the moring around 4-5:00 am and end by after noon around 12-1:00pm. She would have extreme stomach pains and vomit non stop all morning long. We had many different opinions from the doctors. Most seem to think she has acid reflux and the zantac that was prescribed does seem to help her.
  She had anther episode the other day. Her stomach started to hurt real bad. She didnt vomit all morning but did vomit twice. the first time the vomit was a bright lime green color. She has never vomited anything like this before and she didnt eat anything to cause it to be that color. What could it be? someone suggested that she could have vomited bile.  This is something new. It only happened one time so far but its still sticking in my mind. Plus i wasnt 100% sure if it was an episode or if she was coming down with the flu since her brothers were sick a few days before. But the reason i thought it could be another episode was because it was all over with by afternoon just like all the times before. Could this be a new symptom even though it only happened one time? What could it mean?
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I am so sorry ur daughter has these issues at such a yooung age.

It is possible it is bile...and I wonder if she doesn't also have sinus issues.

Post nasal drip can cause a "sick" stomach,nasuesa, and or vomiting.Depending if the stomach is empty it is possible to bring up bile.

I would call her dr and see what he advises.

"selma"
My 10 year old daughter has been doing the same thing you've described since 1st grade. We have her on a soluable pill of 30 mg of Prevacid she takes nightly before bed. She rarely has episodes anymore, but has had a few 'break throughs' where she got sick even on the prevacid. So, we have just taken her for an endocospy and pH probe at Vanderbilt Children's where we have been told she has IBS - Irritible Bowel Syndrome. She is refluxing during the day and it then collects in her esophagus during the night and causes her to be miserably sick as you described above - she throws up twice and then sleeps it off, ready for school by noon if not before.
Have u tried elevating the head of ur child's bed?.....it can help keep the bild up of acid out of her esphogus......and do not allow her to eat prior ro going to bed...at least 3 to 4 hrs...and dairy like ice cream should be avoided as well.

The Health Pages here on MedHelp do have tips on lifestyle changes as well as safe foods for those with gerd/acid reflux.

"selma"