Help! I am a 39 year old very healthy woman. I have started having the following symptoms
1. Severe burning in my ranging from my stomach to my throat
2. Itchy skin (may be unrelated)
3. "lump in my throat" feeling
4. Light-headedness with slight blurry vision especially while driving.
5. Excessive hunger
I have tried the following meds:
3. Zantac (best so far)
4. Apple Cider Vinegar baths for my skin
I would like to try Orange oil or Orange peel extract for the GERD.
Does anyone have any ideas for me?? I can't see an MD right now...Thx!
In addition to medications lifestyle modifications also important for treating GERD.
1. Head elevation while sleeping
2. Small frequent meals
3. Going to bed 2- 3 hours after food
4. Avoiding bed time snacks
5. Avoiding smoking and alcohol
6. Avoiding tight fitting clothes
7. Avoiding cola, citrus drinks, carbonated drinks, tea, coffee, spicy food
8. Weight reduction
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. MedHelp is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.