Burning throat
Could this be reflux?  Tonight I was just working n my laptop and all the sudden I got this intense burning sensation in my throat.  I thought I was coming down with something.  It felt like hot soup.  It went away after 30 minutes, but keeps coming back.  I also noticed this past week I had cancer sores in my mouth and my throat seemed sensitive when i would drink soda.   I am kind of worried!
Hi there, Kiki7777

What you describe does sound like acid-reflux.  Make a list of what you had to eat today and avoid that for a while.  When you do get that "hot soup" feeling again, drink Gaviscon and if it feels better, then you know that was typical acid-reflux.

The cancer sores in your mouth can be an indication of a viral infection and you need a bit of extra VIT C to cure that and avoid cold drinks for a while and treat your throat with some herbal-tea with a few drops of honey in it.

Hope it helps and that you feel better soon :)
Is that sold in the US?   I should probably buy some prilosec or something.   Seems so odd how it came out of the blue!  I had not been feeling well the past couple days, bumps on tongue and it felt burnt,  I would see my doc but I feel silly over a little thing as this.
Oh yes, definitely world-wide over-the-counter drug:  Gaviscon and Gaviscon plus is even better!