GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Burping a lot

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Burping a lot

I have a problem with burping many times during a day.  I even burp when I get up in the morning.  I also get what seems like heart palpitations or heart skips I guess that is what I would call it.  I have had my heart checked and everything is ok.  I get constipated a lot.  I have also been diagnosed with gerd and IBS.  Was wondering if anyone else has experienced these systems.  I have been on three medicaions and nothing seems to help.  Am going back to my gastro again to have things checked out.  This is very frusting to me.  Those burps tend to be loud and uncomfortable.  
I have IBS and GERD.  If I drink water fast and gulp a lot of air or I drink soda pop, I burp a lot.  Those are the main times for me.
I remembered that gallbladder trouble can cause burping.  You might want your doctor to get yours checked out!
Avatar n tn
Thanks for the suggestion but I had mine out about 10 years ago.  Ever since I had it out I have had gas issues.  
Well, that definitely eliminates the gallbladder! :0)  I had a GI doctor tell me to take miralax daily when I was having hard stool problems (from constipation).  Have you given that a try?
Avatar n tn
No, I haven't.  I will definitely give it a try.  Thank you for all your helpful information.  
Avatar n tn
hey matt here, I also get that a lot too. I use a mild laxative for constipation here too. Drop me a note if you are still here, I'll get you the name of it.
-matt
Avatar n tn
Thank you for replying.  Yes, I would like the name of that laxative.  
I more recently found something that often gets my bowels moving- a mess of cooked carrots.  If you don't like cooked carrots, you might try a carrot souffle.
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
RubyWitch I am no longer accepting HI... Comment
May 04
Listeria Risk Triggers Huge Frozen ...
May 04 by gymdandee
zouzi commented on Please be aware of th...
May 02