GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
CAN YOUR SINUS AFFECT YOUR HEART RATE AND DRAINING ON YOUR CHEST

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

HELLO,

I HAVE BEEN  PROBLEM LATELY WITH MY SINUSES WHENEVER IT IS DRAINING.  DEPENDING WHAT I EAT  IT GIVES ME INDIGESTION ( SOUR TASTE FROM MY CHEST TO MY MOUTH).  THEN IF I GO AND LAY DOWN FOR FEW HOURS MY HEART BEGINS TO BEAT VERY FAST.  I CONSTANTLY DRINKING HOT TEA NATURAL PEPPERMINT. IT WILL FEEL LIKE SOMETHING SETTING ON MY CHEST AND I HAVE TO GET READ OF IT 95% OF THE TIME I FEEL BETTER AFTER VOMITING AND THEN MY HEART RATE SLOW DOWN. ANOTHER THING I DO IN THAT CAUSE I BRINK  A LOT OF WATER ROOM TEMPERATURE AND IT HELPS. SO WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING ON WITH ME.
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Post nasal drip and sinus are causes of gerd/ acid reflux.Also pepermint is not a suggested herb for acid reflux...u will feel better with ginger.

U may have some stress related issues and I would also suggest u see ur dr and check ur thyroid.Rule out nething that may cause the rapid heart rate.

Please also read the health pages and see the list of foods to avoid and the lifestyle changes.....it can help u avoid feeling as badly as u do.

U also did not mention meds u r taking for ur gerd?....do u take  a PPI?

And u may want to try a saline nasal spray to help reduce the sinues draining into ur stomach and making more acid.

Please post updates to ur progress.

"selma"
How fast does your heart get? I would start by eliminating any and everything with my heart. I am kinda new to this gerd thing but I can tell you that you might have a hiatal hernia that complicates things. Also as Selma said the perperment is bad for folks with Gerd/reflux it relaxes the LES and allows acid to go up in the esphogus (caffine and chocolate does the same thing). I can tell you this stuff is not a joke. I did not take it serious when I first went on acidphex for stomach acid now I am hating it. I get pains daily in my chest and I have had 4 ekgs and a stress test I constantly check my blood pressure and heart rate. It is all fine but even though I still worry. I have never been one to worry like this. Gerd is for the birds.
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
musicfem joined this community
Welcome them!
ChitChatNine enjoying fall-like weather ! Comment
Sep 25