CHRONIC GERD 18 YR OLD
I suddenly got sick 3 years ago and for a year was bed ridden, getting every test done and over and over again. my systems were chronis nausea (as i have a big fear of vomitting i havent allowed myself to) stomach and back pains, chronic warm feelings in my stomach, fullness feeling in my throat, weird taste in my mouth when i wake up. Anyway after been put through hell the doctors said i had GORD/GERD i had an operation to tighten my stomach opening as my valve wasnt working. This operation is ment to get rid of all symptoms but not in this case. i still had all my symptoms so i was put on 30mg of Zantac in the morning and 40mg of nexium at night, with this i take zofran (nausea medication) and domperidone.

On my latest endoscope (ive had a few) they said i had gastrisis (or something) so im now being put on Zoton.

Im am basically writing to see if theres anything else that can be done to help my everyday lifestyle. and basically for support to, i dont want to suffer for the rest of my life.

Regards

Amy
If you still use dairy foods, stop them.

Find out if you were tested for Celiac disease.  If you have it, get very strict about stopping gluten intake.  It took 3 months on a GF diet for my friend's symptoms of GERD to stop, but they did.  That was her only symptom, but for many people, there are dozens of symptoms present out of a possible 250 for Celiac disease.