Aa
A
A
Close
Can GERD actually make you lose weight?
I noticed that I have become slimmer for the past few months with my GERD.  Is this normal?  I don't really aspire to lose weight, in fact I want to gain some more weight.  Any ideas/tips on how to gain some more weight?  Thank you.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
If your GERD causes you to feel nauseous...sure it will cause weight loss. Who wants to eat when they feel sick to their stomache?
Are you taking medication for GERD?  You could drink "Ensure" to add calories and protien. Ask your doctor what you should eat to bring the weight back on.
I would think just the mere thought of having GERD after every meal...I would cut back on eating :(  I feel your frustration.  Good luck...I hope you get back to your "normal" self soon!
Weffette
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
1661778 tn?1307053502
It depends on the amount of weight loss. I usually fluctuate back and forth by roughly 4 - 6 pounds. I gain weight when I am feeling fine, then lose a little during a flare up. It's been going back and forth like this for a few months now. Of course, if your weight loss is dramatic (more then 10% of your body weight in a 6 month period), you should probably have that checked out by a doctor to make sure there is not a different underlying cause. Good luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
GirlyBear15 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
14 hrs ago
Blank
replytorahul commented on Ear Mystery, Solved
Dec 02
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank
selmaS <3 <3 <3 Comment
Nov 30
Top Digestive Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank
Allentown, PA