Can GERD actually make you lose weight?
I noticed that I have become slimmer for the past few months with my GERD.  Is this normal?  I don't really aspire to lose weight, in fact I want to gain some more weight.  Any ideas/tips on how to gain some more weight?  Thank you.
If your GERD causes you to feel nauseous...sure it will cause weight loss. Who wants to eat when they feel sick to their stomache?
Are you taking medication for GERD?  You could drink "Ensure" to add calories and protien. Ask your doctor what you should eat to bring the weight back on.
I would think just the mere thought of having GERD after every meal...I would cut back on eating :(  I feel your frustration.  Good luck...I hope you get back to your "normal" self soon!
Weffette
It depends on the amount of weight loss. I usually fluctuate back and forth by roughly 4 - 6 pounds. I gain weight when I am feeling fine, then lose a little during a flare up. It's been going back and forth like this for a few months now. Of course, if your weight loss is dramatic (more then 10% of your body weight in a 6 month period), you should probably have that checked out by a doctor to make sure there is not a different underlying cause. Good luck!