GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Can acid reflux sypmtoms lead to cold symptoms

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

I have had a bad flare up the past 3 weeks.  This past weekend led to me going to the emergency room where I was given a GI cocktail that numbed my esoghogus.  The first day it started I had severe burning in my chest and was given the same GI Cocktail.  the next day I had cold symptoms then Bronchitis.  this lasted for two weeks.  This past weekend I had more buring in the chest and throat and vomited acid.  I went to the emergency room and took the other GI cocktail, which relieved it for about an hour.  today I woke up with the same burning but now have swollen glands like I would with a cold.  Is this all related?
Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

Alot of us with GERD can trace it to post nasal drip.......sometimes we r unaware of this issue and just know we have the GERD.......but, it can rear it's head from time to time and appear to be a cold....

Try using a saline nasal spray to see if that helps. ALso ask ur dr if this is a possibility for u.

"selma"
fyi, google for "acid reflux and nasal congestion"...

you will be amazed how many ppl describe gerd/lpr with pnd, chronic sinus infection, nasal congestion and bunch of other upper respiratory diseases.

good luck
Yes. For me, GERD symptoms are typically, sore throat, runny nose, and in more severe attacks, swollen glands (the ones under your ears), feeling of a lump in my throat, and coughing. If it's really bad, I will also get bronchitis. So, yes, the swollen glands *could* be from GERD.  I often find it hard to distinguish the onset of a cold from a bad GERD flare-up.
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
selmaS commented on soccero's status
Jul 31
selmaS commented on ChiariWolf's status
Jul 31
flipper336 "The happiness of your life... Comment
Jul 31