Aa
A
A
Close
Can acid reflux sypmtoms lead to cold symptoms
I have had a bad flare up the past 3 weeks.  This past weekend led to me going to the emergency room where I was given a GI cocktail that numbed my esoghogus.  The first day it started I had severe burning in my chest and was given the same GI Cocktail.  the next day I had cold symptoms then Bronchitis.  this lasted for two weeks.  This past weekend I had more buring in the chest and throat and vomited acid.  I went to the emergency room and took the other GI cocktail, which relieved it for about an hour.  today I woke up with the same burning but now have swollen glands like I would with a cold.  Is this all related?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
620923 tn?1452919248
Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

Alot of us with GERD can trace it to post nasal drip.......sometimes we r unaware of this issue and just know we have the GERD.......but, it can rear it's head from time to time and appear to be a cold....

Try using a saline nasal spray to see if that helps. ALso ask ur dr if this is a possibility for u.

"selma"
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1042670 tn?1253372663
fyi, google for "acid reflux and nasal congestion"...

you will be amazed how many ppl describe gerd/lpr with pnd, chronic sinus infection, nasal congestion and bunch of other upper respiratory diseases.

good luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
nij
Yes. For me, GERD symptoms are typically, sore throat, runny nose, and in more severe attacks, swollen glands (the ones under your ears), feeling of a lump in my throat, and coughing. If it's really bad, I will also get bronchitis. So, yes, the swollen glands *could* be from GERD.  I often find it hard to distinguish the onset of a cold from a bad GERD flare-up.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
1236893 tn?1408490528