Carbonated Beverage relieves it!
Everytime I sleep in an off time, get less sleep or get a nap, basically, any disturbance in my sleeping cycle causes my extremely mild chest burns but its a feeling that there is acid in my neck that really annoys me.  Surprisingly, drinking carbonated beverages completely relieves it!  When I searched online, I found it the other way around how that causes it?  I am confused.  

I read in Germany everyone drinks carbonated water, wonder the rate of liver dysfunctionality over there.(how I read it puts more pressure on the liver to clean the carbon out, also increases the risk of osteoporosis - which I guess I can make up by drinking more milk)  There are other places I read though that carbon is good for the body, very conflicting informations, would be happy to cite my sources if needed.

Thanks.
Forgot to add in my question post - I can't stand to eat Orange when I go through this condition..it tends to increase the longer I stay up (not sleeping).
Hi...everyone reacts differently to foods and drinks...not all foods to avoid may affect u and some that are on the safe list may...we all have to see what is best for us, but we need a place to start.

I would also ask if u had a PH test done to see if ur issue is in fact high acid as too little acid can feel the same.

But overall...carbonated bevs do affect those with too much acid....and I am sure  there r a few that it may not affect at all.

Thanks for sharing : )

"selma"