Chrico muscle and botillium
Hi there,

To those who don't know the long story, here is the short:

I have a Chrico muscle thickening due to longstanding GERD and had the Nissen op done in Feb. 2012 and had my 1st botillium injection into the chrico muscle, during Aug.

All the effects of the meds has now worked out :(  all the symptoms are back and I feel horrible!  Going to phone the Otolaryngologist next week and see what is the way forward...
I'm so sorry the botillium injection didn't work.  Do keep us informed what the doctor suggests.  What symptoms are back?  I recall your reason for having the second procedure was to regain control of your vocal chords.
Best wishes.

Hi ...I am so sorry....I never did hear back from my friend, but I know her  injections would wear off and she had to go for shots every couple of months in order to get relief....

<3 ((hugs)) and prayers
Hi Bruce,

The chrico muscle thickening causes lactic acid to secrete and from there on my glands in my neck gets swollen and I have a permanent sore throat.  Even itchy chest pains and swollen epiglottis that makes it hard to eat.  The voice problem is the least of my concern.

The botillium injection only lasts for 3 months and then you have to go again and eventually only the Myotomy will really solve the problem, but I am not even considering it.
Thanks Selma.  I'll keep you guys informed :)
Hi there,

I have another Chrico muscle botillium injection scheduled for Feb. 2013  I wish I had more info on what causes this as the Doctor does not think it is GERD related!

Oh well, nothing much I can do about it, so not going to spend to much energy on it.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi....so sorry ....and I hope u get positive results with this next injection.....

Did ur Dr suggest what they feel may have caused this?

Again the reason I ask is bcuz my friend that has a similar issue had an over exposure to carbon monoxide...not enuff to sicken her, but enuff to cause this, she worked in a bank with a parking space below the offices...and the fumes leaked into the offices over time and caused this.
Hi Selma,

I have a complicated history with GERD and this could be the cause as I've had PH impedance study done in 2010 and that was abnormal and tests indicated hypotensive LES and UES.  Possibly a motor disorder?

It is very frustrating, as I am sure your friend has told you?  not something that can cause cancer or anything serious, but it effects they way you talk, eat and ultimately feel.  I wake up with a sore throat in the mornings, during the day it gets worse and by bed time I have te rely on sleeping medication to get me through the night!

How old is your friend?  is she considering to go for frequent injections or is surgery an option?

My friend is late 50's early 60's....and has been getting these injections for at least 20 yrs now....and it is at least once a month.Never discussed surgery as an option.

My voice is affected as well so I know what u mean...never know if it is a result of my reflux or my chiari...which can also affect my voice.

I was told yrs ago I had a motility issue...but that was so long ago....not sure that is my issue ne longer.....

All these issues are very frustrating indeed...I hope u get relief.