Chronic burping
My grandmother was recently treated for colitis and h. Pylori as well as having a colonoscopy. She now has uncomtrollable loud burping all day long from when she wakes up till when she falls asleep. Has anyone experienced this? She has medical insurance and no gi doctors are available until October apparently. Suggestions on how to calm the gas down?

Hi...at ur grandmothers age she may also have diverticulitis and that can cause not only the burping but flatulence as well.

Can her PCP RX a CT scan of her abdomen, if she has diverticulitis it may show...I thought I had kidney stones and it showed I had it....mine is mild and I am young to have it but I also have a family history of it.....my dad has the same isues as ur grandmother and is waiting on results of his H,Pylori testing he had it once already and we think he may have it again.

SInce she was treated for H.Pylori did they put her on probiotics? I am sure she was on an antibiotic and they kill the good with the bad, and we all need the good bacteria to break down our food....so look into that.

Good Luck and keep us posted : )