GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Constant Burping After Meals
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Constant Burping After Meals

What is GERD? I have this problem where I constantly burp after eating.  It is not necessarily a belch but more like air being quietly released but with a weird smell, not like the food I ate just a gross smell.  I don't know if what happens to me is exactly GERD but I feel its something more than just burping. PLEASE HELP if anyone knows what might be wrong and how to fix it
Related Discussions
Hi ,
GERD is a condition in which the lower end of the food pipe does not close properly leading to acid content of  stomach coming up in to the food pipe causing various symptoms like heartburn, regurgitation, swallowing difficulty etc. An affected person need not have all of these symptoms.

24 hours pH monitoring test is the confirmatory test for GERD. Alternatively PPI may be given and if there is improvement with PPIs, GERD can be diagnosed.
================================================================
The information provided is for patients’ education only and is not a medical advice. Always consult your personal physician for complete evaluation of your health problem.

- Ratnakar Kini M.D.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...