Constant chest and pain under left shoulder blade
I have had a constant dull/sometimes more that dull pain in my left chest and under my left shoulder blade, as though it wraps around front to back I think.  Last year I went to dr and they immediately made me go to the heart doctor.  After significant testing doc said all is well with my heart and that it must be acid reflux, which seemed impossible to me, but since I suffer from ridiculous upper gas, I thought maybe.  I have been on acid reflux medicine ever since, but the pain is getting slowly worse, at night, feels like it's throbbing and keeps me up every single night, like tonight.  I take 2 advil and I use ben-gay to spray all over my chest and should blade to attempt to mask the pain at night.  I currently have no medical insurance so have been putting off going to a doctor, fearing diagnosis with something without insurance and then not being able to get insurance.  Hopefully I will have insurance soon since I am now out of school and looking for work.  My last mammogram was about 4 years ago. Last chest xray was 2 years ago (both before this pain started).  Note:  I have noticed the 2-3 days just before my period significantly increases the discomfort.  I am 41 years old, 200 pounds, 5'7".  I have been a light smoker on and off since I was 16 years old.  Never more than 5 a day when on.  I have never had any health problems of any kind otherwise.  Thanks for any help.

Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

To aid with these symptoms u will find in addition to avoiding foods and bevs that will trigger the symptoms there r some lifestyle changes that should be made as well...no smoking is one as well as weight loss ...ne change in weight be it gain or loss can also trigger symptoms.

So it is good to void foods and make changes to ur lifestyle that will help ur overall health.

For more tips see our Health Pages -http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=236