GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Cortisone and acid reflux

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Cortisone and acid reflux

I had an injection of Kenalog into my neck a few days ago. The doctor said there was a 2% chance that I would get indigestion. I woke up this morning with the sore mouth and wonky stomach that I'm unfortunately used to (though it's been a year). Has anyone gotten acid reflux from an epidural cortisone injection and, if so, can I expect it to last as long as the cortisone does? The doctor said that side effects usually disappear within a week, but doctors can be very optimistic about side effects.
Hi, ...I had a flare of acid after being in the hospital for surgery...I had to get on my meds and take OTC Maalox and watch my diet...it took 2 to 3 weeks to calm it down...but there r many meds and drugs that can cause this to happen.

Good luck

"selma"
I had insomnia for 2 nights after 2 cortisone injections (1 on ea. foot) earlier this week, but wasn't in neck area.  Wanted to share.  

Anything that disrupts the water balance can do a real number on GERD my GI told me once when my son was an infant .. he was counting the days and waiting for my son to flare after his abdominal surgery.

C~
I had a cortisone shot in my left knee and suffered from a medium headche throughout the night. I almost never get headaches so I think that there is a co-relation. I also had a fairly bad case of acid reflux at night..and even this morning. I like my spices but the acid reflux never extends into the morning. Hope it disappears soon.